Saturday, February 6, 2010

Utah!...in July...

I'm finally getting around to blogging again and no matter how much I tell myself to just start from now, I can't, my OCD swings and says I have to catch up first. So, here is our trip to Utah this last July! First though...cute Carter! He turned five and is the best! When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner, he said, "top ramen". Nice...and for dessert..."orange julius"! I can handle that. We love Carter and can't believe how fast this kid is growing up!
We took a lot of pictures, but only of random events. So, sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Connor and Michal's family. Our trips crossed for about a day and it was so much fun to see them! We went to downata hot springs in Idaho. It was so fun. We even got Mason to go down the slide. Once he did, it was all he would do! They loved it!
Here's a shot of a bunch of the gang at the clubhouse, getting a little something to eat after a good swim! Look at all those fun kids!!
We also went to Lagoon! I had never been before and neither had the kids. We had so much fun! We decided to make it a summer tradition when we go to Utah. Forget the little State Fairs, we are going to Lagoon. Seriously, the kids were in heaven. Mason and his cousin Alex went for a little drive.
This is Carter and his cousin Caitlin. Carter had a good time with Caitlin there at Lagoon. He wanted to do all the rides with Caitlin!
Here's everyone on a fun train ride around Lagoon. Mason was also on the train, but he was sitting by me and I was taking the picture. Tyler seemed to be enjoying himself...um, he pretty much slept a lot...
Even Joel got in on some serious roller coaster action! Funny. Actually, we spent the whole day doing kid rides and at the end of the day he ran with Chad and Troy and Will to do some "big boy" roller coasters. Sadly, he didn't have a lot of time...the kids were so done! Next time maybe I won't have a tiny baby and I can do the rides too!
Carter and Mason loved this little roller coaster and seriously did it like 30 times. They would get off and run right back in line...round and round...they were so cute to watch on it! Mason especially made great faces!
We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house with the Fetzer's (Joel's sister Laurel's family). It was really neat...though, I have a hard time going with kids. I feel like I spend the whole time..."Don't touch that!", "Stay by us", "Are you kidding me!? Stop touching that!", "How could you already be so hungry, we just ate!". By the end of the tour I'm not so happy about eternal families...
Seriously, it was such a fun trip! Here is Mason and his cousin Andrew...I mean what else are you going to do after a swim in the pool, play the piano of course. We love going to see the Thompson family! The only one we missed out on was Cami's family...they came a little after us! Bummer. We are already looking forward to next summer...get ready for us Thompson's...
On the drive home we stopped in Pendleton, OR and saw my good friend Shelly. Her parents were so nice and let us stay at their beautiful house over night. This is wicked-awesome Shelly and her super darling little boy Tate! He is too cute...she is holding Tyler. That about sums up our super fun summer trip to Utah! Maybe in a month or two when I get around to blogging again I can tell you about Halloween...Thanksgiving...maybe even Christmas...yikes!

5 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

it might be old, but I still enjoy it!

shelly said...

Yeah, you're blogging again! I do want to hear and see pics of Halloween and Christmas and everything else =)

This makes me long for summer. All those little tan round-faces kids. So cute!

Kadi's Brother said...

Man, looks like so much fun. I totally miss you guys and wish you could come down here so we can party all the time.

Cost of living sucks, though. Oh, well.

Kristyn said...

I love hearing from you guys!

And I want to go lagoon with you next year! :) I'll see ya there. just kidding.

Jackie said...

You updated! What fun!