Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shafer Family...yes, July 2010

I am so pathetic! I should have done this forever ago...I'm here at my mom's visiting and so I thought I should take advantage of her computer and get updated. Our computer is seriously so old that I'm afraid to do anything on it and so I haven't done this...anyway. So to catch up. Here our some photos from our Shafer gathering in July. It all started off with getting to meet for the very first time, my niece Addy. I mean, how cute is she! By the way...I shouldn't brag and maybe I'm wrong, but please don't crush my memory Doug and Jackie, but in this picture I have just fed her a bottle of formula which she wouldn't take from anyone else...ever...and then got her to sleep. I would like to think that I'm magic or at least that Addy really just adores me.

Dad and Doug made the game Kuube. I probably botched that spelling, but I like it that way. We played it at our cousins (the Arringtons) earlier and liked it. Good times...yes, it's July and cold, hence the fleece jacket and sweat pants. Dumb. Oh, and the mosquitoes were out. Nice.
Boat time! Look at those darling boys!!
Tyler getting a little driving time.
Cute Addy girl again!
Mason got his cast off in the middle of the trip! So excited...yet somewhat of a let down. I totally thought he would just walk out on his own, but it was, what seemed like a long time before he would walk on that leg...like a week or more!!
Mason could get in the water though now!! Such gross water, but the boys loved it anyway.
Picture time!! Yeah!
Is this really the best we can get with kids? I mean look at how beautiful all the kids are...okay, now look at my kids...Carter=annoyed, Mason=over joyed, Tyler=so upset that someone other than family is there looking and talking to him. Wow.
Best people on earth! So loving those awesome, talented, and amazing girls my brothers married!...hey, and Joel's not so bad either!
Best guys ever! Seriously. Couldn't ask for better brothers.
I mean, right?
Date night! Yes! So nice to get out just us adults. We got a couple of girls to watch 7 kids ages 6 and under and we went out for ice cream and then saw the movie Inception. I had been axiously awaiting this movie for some time and it was seriously one of the best and greatest movies I've ever seen...infact, Joel and I had to go see it again in the theater!
Cute, right?
Told you, funnest brothers ever.
Look at these boys! I could just eat that Oliver up!!
As always, fun on the WII. I love how Mason has no shirt on...just his pj bottoms.
We seriously had so much fun! It's always sad to say good-bye, but hey...right now it's April and almost time for the next Shafer Vaca!! Yes!! Thanks again to Ben and Doug's families for making the trip. It was a great time!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Yay for family trips!

Jackie said...

PS- I think you did give her one of her first successful formula bottles! But I was in the back sleeping my life away after my puking streak, so I totally missed the grand event. :)

Michal Thompson said...

looks like a complete blast!