Monday, May 12, 2008

My little sugar cookies!

I hate to cook and I don't really like to bake, but Carter loves to make sugar cookies...so for Family Home Evening one day we made sugar cookies. Carter and Mason were such good helpers. Mason helps out by eating the measuring cups and taking up space on the counter. Carter cuts out the shapes for me and picks the color of frosting and then I eat most the cookies...needless to say we don't make these very often. Carter is not a big sugar-eater, which is great, but when he wants to make sugar cookies and then not help eat them...you know what happens. He seriously takes one bite of one and says he's done. Mason on the other hand will eat them, but he's not a big kid yet and so doesn't eat as many as I would like him to and Joel is not a huge sugar-eater either. It's definitely more work to make the cookies with the kids, but they sure are cute about it...so maybe next year we'll make them again.

3 comments:

Colorado Oldroyds said...

I'll eat cookies with you, Kadi! We have the same problem at our house with the sweets. Your little helpers sure are cute!

Kristyn said...

It's the opposite here. I make them with the idea that I'll pass them out to neigbors, and then rarely do. You should pass them on. Make some good friends that way. Or give them to the homeless.

Michal Thompson said...

oh, how I know what you mean. Sounds like a great weekend alone. I don't know what I would do with myself!