Monday, May 12, 2008

Me...Alone...All by myself!

Joel is the greatest husband in the world! He let me go and have a weekend all to myself. A few weeks ago in April I flew to Utah...just me. I stayed with Doug and Jackie and it was so much fun! I wish I could post some pictures of my awesome weekend, but I was having too much fun and did not take one picture. Sorry. I needed to get away, not from Joel(I wish he could have come), but from life(mainly my kids, though I love them). It was seriously so good for me. Since I have come back I feel happier and ready to take them on. Life hasn't changed and it is still hard to take care of everything, but I feel better. I got to be in Utah when Ben and Whitney were there and so that was fun. We watched them finish the Salt Lake marathon. I got to see some friends and family that I hadn't seen in awhile. I also went and stayed with Joel's parents' for a night and that was fun too. It was so funny though, when I got to the airport I kept thinking that I was forgetting something...I mean all I had to carry on was a purse. It was so nice not to have to chase any kids around or carry a bunch of extra stuff. People would ask me if I missed my kids and I really didn't...I mean I did, but I was glad to not be with them for a time. I am so appreciative to Doug and Jackie for letting me stay with them and for them giving up their whole weekend for me. They are so fun and I really had a great time with them. Carter was so sweet when I came back. He had missed me...though I think a little too much because for the next few days he wouldn't leave my side. He wanted me to be with him all the time...in the same room with him or holding him. Mason could have cared less. He didn't want me when I came back. He only wanted Joel or my mom, which made me kind of sad, but don't worry he soon loved me again. I'm so thankful to my family who helped me be able to take a short break...Joel and my parents' for taking care of the kids and Doug and Jackie for taking care of me. I can't wait until my next "me alone" weekend.

3 comments:

janaya said...

i can't wait either. :) you need to come to VA next time. we'll only be an hour from doug and jackie. yeah! :)

Morgan said...

...and virginia and dc aren't too far from NYC. plus, NYC is way more fun!! ;) i'm so glad you did that for yourself kadi, you deserve it! i want to do that! maybe in a couple months when sayer is a little older. i already can't wait! ;)

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Isn't that the best after you have been away from the kids and you feel refreshed and actually miss them? Sound like you had fun!