Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ah wedded bliss...

Joel and I recently celebrated our anniversary. It's been 5 WICKED-AWESOME years and Joel is totally COOL!

Growing up, I always wanted to get married and have a family. I pictured it as being so amazing and wonderful. I had this mental list of all the things my husband was going to be like. Joel has by far, exceeded all expectations. I knew it would be wonderful to be married, but I had no idea it would be this good. I honestly can't think of a word that describes how awesome it is. Joel is amazing. He is the most wonderful man. I can honestly say that everyday, I am in awe of him. He is most definitely the spiritual leader in our family and I am so grateful for him in making sure that we are doing what we need to be doing...though I fight him along the way sometimes.
He is such an amazing father. He loves his children so much and is always amazed by them. He says often, "Aren't these boys so cool?!" He does such a great job of taking care of all of us. He is willing to do anything and everything. I had a really bad delivery with Carter and after I was amazed at all Joel did for me...I mean he did everything. I swear I didn't change a diaper until Carter was 6 weeks old. Joel is a humble man. There is never a disagreement where he doesn't come to me apologetic (even when it's not his fault or problem) and ask what he can do better.

He is a hard worker and is constantly serving others. Joel is totally smooth in the things he does. I remember when we were dating it was so fun to watch him drive a stick or cut up broccoli or roller skate...he's just smooth. He loves to find his way places and as we were dating we were always getting lost around the Portland area...all roads lead to Milwaukie, OR...though I'm not complaing, it's always fun to drive around with him. Joel is so much fun to be with and is so funny. It's hard to get mad at him because he always has some witty remark when I'm about to blow. He is a very doting husband and is always asking me what he can do for me. He treats me better than I ever dreamed of being treated. I love Joel so much. I am thankful for everyday that I have with him and I look forward to eternity with him! He is the best! Joel, you're golden man.

4 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

I agree, what an amazing man. He is sooooo patient!!! Thanks for puttin up with us!! We miss you, especially Dyaln!!

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Ahhhh, I love Joel too! OK, so he probably doesn't know me, but he definitely sounds like your equal. You're not so bad yourself, Kadi.:)

Jackie said...

Joel IS a golden man!! Especially when you take into account the surfing pic.

We really do think the world of that guy. Keep up the good work, Joel. :)

Evan said...

Hey congrats to you two!