Monday, November 24, 2008

belated Halloween...

First off, I'm sorry. After I wrote my last post I kept thinking that I shouldn't have asked to guess how far along I am. If someone else had done that I would have totally stressed about it and then probably avoided the question. So, that was dumb and sorry and sorry it took me so long to fix the problem. So in the picture I am barely 6 weeks. Crazy. I was so mad. I swear, the deal is sealed and the next day I start showing. I couldn't button my pants anymore at 6 weeks. It would have been nice to have a little grace period where you find out your pregnant and then you get to still have your body and just be happy about it, but no, before I find out I am already starting to get big and then a few days after I'm totally sick. I was praying that this pregnancy I would be put in a doctor enduced coma, but that didn't happen sadly. I am now 15 weeks and still sick...though having periods of relief...so it's gotta be on its way out. I got stopped on Saturday by 3 people, 2 of whom I didn't know, and they said, "Well, you look about due to have a baby soon." (I admit my belly is big, but I don't think I look like I'm almost due) I then told them that I'm only 15 weeks and one of them said, "Oh, do twins run in your family?" So, sadly, I just look big...which is totally dumb considering the baby is probably the size of an apple!!! I don't know why it thinks it needs so much space right now. I'm due May 14th, which feels really far away. We'll let you know when we find out what this little dude is...hopefully soon!
So here are the cute boys at Halloween. Carter picked out his costume this year. He wanted to be a bat...so there he is. He then told us that Mason would be the monkey that Carter wore last year. Mason didn't really want to wear any costume, but when we tried the chicken on that he was last year and then Carter's old monkey costume...Mason wanted the monkey. He had a little more room in it. He fought us a little wearing it, but once he understood the idea that he would get candy he didn't even know he had it on.
This is Carter's wingspan, which is probably why he picked the costume, he liked the wings. We tried to go trick-or-treating around my Mom and Dad's neighborhood and out of the 10 or so houses that are there only 2 were home. Carter was very discouraged and Mason was just annoyed. We went to the Ward Halloween Party after and they did some "trunk-or-treating" and were much happier. I'm terrible with thinking of costumes, so I would like to take this opportunity and give a huge shout out to Old Navy...they have made Halloween so easy for me. I don't know what I will do next year when Carter no longer fits in their cute little costumes...I'll probably be calling some of you who are really good at Halloween for help. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Jackie said...

What darling trick-or-treaters!! I'm sure your unborn baby will love being a monkey and a bat someday too. :)

Morgan said...

kay, so now i feel awful for saying that you were 16 weeks. i admit that part of the reason for guessing that was because i thought that was you right now, and i figured you would be a little further along when told people. that is a little crazy that you pop out so fast. it's probably because you are so tiny that the baby has no where to go but out. it does look darling though! can't wait to find out what you are having.

cute little bat and monkey! i love those old navy costumes.

feel better soon.

shelly said...

I want the monkey costume!!! Both looked adorable. Do they keep wearing the costumes? I ran into a little muscular power ranger at choir practice last week. I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

Burbs said...

I just saw you last Saturday and I could barely tell you were pregnant! You don't look big!! You looked perfect.

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Kadi that is soooo me! I started showing before I took a pregnancy test. You'd think people would be more tactful but really people are clueless.

Michal Thompson said...

At least I am not the only one who looks due before the half way mark!!! Oh, and I am looking for a good pair of dark jeans- and suggestions for me? Enjoy Thanksgiving.

annie valentine said...

Welcome to #3. I'm hoping to ovulate the second I see Jason on Thursday. Its so good to hear your voice on your blog, it's like we're talking on the phone or something. Call me this week if you can, I don't have your number.

Laura said...

Carter's hilarious with his bat costume. I can just see him zooming around in that. Little Mason looks adorable as a monkey. I'm sad to hear you are still sick. That stinks! And about looking pregnant, I swear, my stomach is getting bigger and bigger, but no baby. Just that time of year I guess. :) Happy late Thanksgiving!

Betts Family said...

How cute your boys look . . .and don't stress about the comments. . .I'm now at 30 weeks and have been consistently receiving the "oh are you having twins" and "only a couple weeks left huh?" for a LONG time . . . I swear they should make a t-shirt that just announces the facts so everyone will quit saying things! You look cute and every pregnancy is different so relish in the fact that you will have another healthy little one next year! Love you and miss you.