Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We've moved...yet again...

Yes, we've moved again. Seriously, I think we've moved enough now. Joel decided to quite his job with the city of Bonney Lake and go back to school...and look for a job. We are hoping he finds a job really, really, really soon. He is looking in the Portland/Vancouver area. He is attending Portland State University to get a Real Estate Certificate...which is different from a license...he will have to write about that. He loves his classes and curriculum, which makes me feel much better. We are living with my parents in Silverlake (near Longview, WA) right now, until we find a job. Life is a little crazy...but hopefully there's a light at the end that I'm not seeing right now...
This was by far the worst move for us. We have moved 7 times in the 5 years we've been married and 5 of those 7 times I was either pregnant or had just had a baby. It has become a rule of moving for us...if we are going to move then I have to be pregnant or have a newborn. So according to rules, this move was no different...yep, totally prego and such great timing. Though this was a new adventure in that I was just barely pregnant, instead of being between 5 and 8 months, and I was totally sick. Pretty much useless. We have never had movers and I swear next time we move...because it is inevitable that we will...I am totally hiring someone. I don't care if it costs a million dollars, it will be so worth it. This was our most unorganized, unprepared, and miserable move. We are so grateful to all the people in our ward that helped us though. Joel and I are terrible at asking for and accepting help, but this time we had no choice and we had so much help. People watched our kids, dropped by meals, helped us pack and load, and helped us clean our house. Seriously, it was awesome and we felt so loved! We lived in Bonney Lake (2 years) longer than we have ever lived anywhere and were sad to leave our friends and our familiar surroundings. I was also sad to leave our awesome house that I loved to much. All in all things are going to be great...I hope. Joel is loving all he is learning and is excited to get into a career more specifically involved in economic development...such as a consultant or something. We are so grateful to all of our family and friends who helped us so much...Joel's parents even came from Utah to help us move...Thank you!

I had to take a picture...guess how far along I am in this picture...and if you say you can't even tell I look pregnant than my feelings will really be hurt because that is not what I normally look like!

I will try and be a better blogger (though I have been checking all of yours, just not updating mine)...life has just been crazy and I haven't been all that happy about life...but no worries...

13 comments:

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Congrats on the baby and sorry about your moving woes. I despise moving as well and avoid it all costs. I'm guessing, 7 months . . . totally kidding!:) You have the smallest, cutest baby bump, but said you've been sick, must be the first trimester, then 10 weeks. Do I win a prize or something if I'm right? Also, I think it looks like a girl. Good luck with everything. I'm jealous you get to live with your mom and your husband, that's my dream.:)

whitney said...

buckle up, because if joel gets a job, i guess you'll have to move AGAIN while pregnant. i'm so sorry. hang in there. i won't guess how far along because i already know. :)

Kristi said...

Hopefully the sick part of it is over. We miss you guys...Hailey isn't happy with Carter for not coming to preschool anymore!

janaya said...

congrats!!! my brother and his wife just moved to vancouver, wa. and my brother is also looking for a job and my sister-in-law is pregnant as well. :) maybe you guys should be friends.

you look cute.

Jackie said...

Just consider all this great material for guilt-tripping this future baby into doing favors for you.

Hang in there Kadi!

Katie M said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats! Sorry about the move...

Elder Henry H. Thompson said...

We can't wait to see you guys over Thanksgiving! Congratulations on the Baby Kadi! I really hope it's a girl cause I need more girl cousins! Oh, and when you come, me and Whitney are going to babysit for you and Kelly cause we need to hang with your kids!
Love,
Erica

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

I didn't know you had another one on the way! That's awesome Kadi! I hope you feel better!! Not fun to be sick!

shelly said...

Kadi, you look very cute pregnant. Congrats again!

Heather said...

you didn't even tell me you were preggie! we are so excited for you guys! and i hate moving too...but i am glad to hear joel is liking school! oh i just love that you are pregnant!

Morgan said...

congrats kadi!! i was convinced that you had sworn off children! ;) just kidding, i knew you'd give in at least one more time! you look darling, regardless of how far a long you are. which i am going to guess 16 weeks. sorry about the move. i hope joel gets an awesome job soon.

Michal Thompson said...

so you want me to say you look gigantic!!?!?! no, so you look like you JUST got pregnant. I mean isn't what that is like now. You did it last night and now you have a bump! I love yoU!!!

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Yay for another move and a baby! Hopefully we will see you guys soon. We have decided to go private so I need your email. Thanks!