Wednesday, September 24, 2008

conversation with Carter...

This was a conversation between Carter and I last Sunday at church while the Sacrament was being passed.
Carter is kind of squirming around...
Mom: Carter you're supposed to be thinking about Jesus right now. Are you thinking about Jesus?
Carter: Yes. (matter-of-factly)
Mom: What are you thinking about Jesus?
Carter: Cars.
Mom: You mean like Jesus driving a car?
Carter: No, like he's going to give me a car.

Wow. The car gene goes deeper than I thought. Cars are always on this kid's mind. When I recited this story to Joel later, Carter said that he was actually thinking about how Jesus created cars...I guess that's a little bit better than him giving him a car...what a nut!

This is a picture of Carter on the Sunday back in June when he gave the scripture for Primary. He memorized it and was so cute. He walked right up to the podium with my scriptures, but without me...opened the scriptures up to somewhere and then recited his scripture perfectly. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

10 comments:

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

Wow, I laughed really hard at that conversation!! So cute!

shelly said...

I love that conversation. So cute!

Betts Family said...

Okay so he is so dang cute and I love that he thinks about cars during sacrament! Av told us she was thinking about Jesus' blood last Sunday so I think cars is really a bit more appropriate! I think she missed the point of the whole water/blood connection. . hmmm we're gonna miss you guys so much!

Heather said...

ha! that is too cute!

Kristyn said...

Hilarious!

Michal Thompson said...

Don't they just make you so proud, and then of course they make you laugh your head off. So how are things at your new place? We tried to think about calling for Mason's birthday last night- you can imagine how well that went. We will try today.

annie valentine said...

See, in the two years Harry has been in primary I have managed to forget to prepare him for every talk, prayer and scripture. Nice.

ckw said...

Now that's a cute kid. :) What a fun jont you had to the FB game! Sending my hellos and hugs ! xoxoxo

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Kids say the funniest things!! I love you K and I miss you! I got SO excited when I saw your blog link on Kathryn cooper's blog!! How are things going???

MKS said...

hey, i am michal's cousin. my husband is thinking about the mpa program. we were wondering if joel could give any advice