Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Big House!

Over Labor Day weekend Joel and I, without our kids, went to Ann Arbor Michigan to the Michigan vs Utah game. Joel's dad had tickets and invited any of us to come. Pictured is everyone who was able to come...top: Dad (Roger) and Connor...bottom: Laurel and Erik, Eric and Michele, and Joel...I was taking the picture.
It was so cool. The stadium was huge. I've never been in such a huge stadium that was so full. There were over 108 thousand people there. Amazing. Luckily Utah won. The score was 25 (Utah) to 23 (Michigan). Utah went into the half leading, but the second half played terribly, but prevailed. I was amazed at how many Utah fans were there. We sat behind some real diehards.
Joel's, Aunt Karren and her family we there as well. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures with them. They are such a fun family and we were glad that they were there as well. It was a quick weekend, but seriously so great. I wish more of Joel's family could have come. We have decided we need to do this once a year...a quick weekend trip with only the adults...NO KIDS! Joel and I had so much fun just being together. We haven't ever done anything like this and it was much needed. Thanks to Roger for the fun trip!

6 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Good to talk to you today Kadi! Wish i could have been there! No kids- haven't done that in 3 1/2 years!!

shelly said...

Cool kidless trip! I showed Eric that post and he is so jelous he can't even joke straight! He kept trying to make jokes about it and nothing made sense. Finally, I said, "You're jelous, huh?". He hung his head and admitted that yes, he is. So I said "I'm going to get you to a football game someday. I don't know how, but man, I'm going to get ya!" (That's supposed to be read like the betting line in Dumb and Dumber.) Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Jackie said...

Very cool!!

Looks like an awesome game and a fabulous trip. Who knew it would take football for you guys to get a romantic, kid-free getaway? :)

whitney said...

so glad you guys got to do that! you both deserve breaks.

Kristyn said...

That's cool you went to a football game. I love time alone with my husband, it's so underrated. Seriously. Sometimes people write about how they miss their kids like crazy when they're gone for a while, but that's not me. They need breaks from us probably too!

Jennifer said...

I just read your last few posts and got caught up. 1. never apologize for being honest. Other honest moms can totally relate and appreciate how real you are. 2. Looks like you had a super fun trip to michagan. Yahoo! Keep up the blogging!