Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Funny kids...

Kids can be so funny. The kids have said some funny things lately and so I wanted to write them down before I forget. Maybe you'll get a kick out of them too. I wanted to
post these pictures because the kids love to go to Jamba Juice. I think Mason is so cute holding his cup...he looks like a little man when we go...he walks
around the store constantly sucking the straw. So funny. Also, I don't know why, but I just thought of this. Carter...and actually Mason too...don't like peanut butter. Weird huh? Infact, if I have even eaten peanuts or anything with peanut butter in it and then go and talk to Carter, he covers his mouth and says, "What did you have in your mouth? It's disgusting. Don't talk." It's hilarious.
Anyway, here are some conversations I have overheard or had...Mason was playing with Carter's Leggo Mack and was taking the pieces off and then couldn't get them back on. Mason would say, "Elp...elp" (which is help) and Carter would say, "I'll help you Mase." and then Carter would fix it for him. Sometimes Mason would get it back on by himself and he would yell out, "I di it." (I did it) This was awhile back, but was so cute to me because they were playing with each other and Carter was being a good big brother.
Another day Carter was playing with his "Car movie cars" and Mason was sitting by him and I hear Carter say, "I wish I could share with you Mase...maybe another day when you get bigger. Okay Mason?" To which my sweet Mason responded, "Okay, Mason."
Carter gets in trouble and has to go to time-out when he hits his brother and Mason loves to tease Carter by taking the cars he is playing with, so Mason had taken some of Carter's cars and Carter then hit Mason and so Carter had to go to time-out. When Carter came out of his room, I said, "What do you need to do...go and say sorry to your brother and give him a hug." As I was saying this, I could see Mason in the doorway and he put down the cars he was holding and stretched out his arms and starting walking towards Carter. They then hugged and all I could see was Carter's back with these two little arms wrapped around him. That was too precious.
Mason loves Carter. Every morning and pretty much all day long I hear Mason calling for Carter...but he doesn't say it very well and it comes out as "Cah-ku". It is so cute.
We were riding in the car the other day and the new Coldplay song came on...which we love...Viva la Vida and so we turned it up and sang it...amazingly, Carter already knows the words, and after the song was over I was saying how awesome I think the the song is and Carter says matter-of-factly, "Those guys rock Mom." Cool.
I love it when kids start talking. This is one of my favorite things. They are so funny and so amazing. I remember when my cousin was just 3 and I would take him with me everywhere because he just cracked me up. He was so interested and excited about everything and it's fun to hear them learning new words and phrases. Carter never ceases to amaze me with the things that come out of his mouth...good and bad...we have to start watching even more how we talk. The other day Carter told me, "I'm just going to freak out and go nuts if you don't do this." Maybe it's just me, but hearing your kid say "freak out" doesn't sound that great...I don't think it's a big deal for me to say (though I guess it is), but I don't like hearing my kid say it for some reason. Anyway...kids are funny.

9 comments:

shelly said...

So I went to read the message you left today and I had to keep reading. I can't wait for Tate to start talking, but then I'm sure I'll be sad that he's not a baby anymore. As I was reading about your two boys it made me think that Tate needs a sibling! When he's fussy we often go outside and he loves to watch the neighborhood kids play and I've already been thinking he needs a brother or sister. But, we're not ready for number 2 yet! You'll just have to come visit again and let him watch your two boys!

Laura said...

I loved reading about Carter and Mason. Carter was belting out the words to I Love to See the Temple at primary last week. He's awesome! On the way home in the car today Shayla was singing to Oh Come All Ye Faithful (I know, Christmas...it was Josh Groban) and I started to sing, and she says, "Mom, I'd like to sing alone please." Uh. Ok. Sorry! Kids are so funny!

whitney said...

what cute kids! i can't wait to see them.

Betts Family said...

I love you and I love your boys they are so dang cute! It's fun to see your family's blog!

curly girl said...

I found you on Kayrena's blog! You guys (well, you girl and 3 guys) are too cute...

Kristyn said...

i love your children! seriously, they're so funny. it was SOOOO good talking to you the other day. i just love you. have a good trip!

Michal Thompson said...

I can just see it all now! So funny what these kids say. Ashlyn and Mason are that perfect age to get some real laughs. yesterday she sang happy birthday to her butt.

Kristyn said...

i wanted to pee my pants over your comment on my blog. can you be any funnier? i think not. and yes, that would be the PERFECT title for your blog. i would pull it up several times a day just to get a kick out of something. and can i call you again? i seriously really enjoyed our talk - you rejuvinated me! okay, i probably won't call...anytime soon at least.

Colorado Oldroyds said...

I love how PB is so "disgusting" to your boys. Kids are so random. Andrew told me that me freckles smell. Anyway, it is such a small world. I saw your brother Doug and his wife Jackie at our neighborhood pool yesterday. They were visiting Dan and Jess. I told him we missed being poor, dental students and would do it all over again if we had to . . . maybe.:) Doug will make an awesome dentist.